Winter is my favourite time of year, cosy evenings, hot
chocolate, candles and comfort food, what isn’t there to love about this season?
This weekend I decided to dust off my slow cooker and cook
some yummy soup to prepare for the week ahead.
This week I decided to make a Curried Parsnip, Apple and Lentil
soup.
| Photo: BBC Good Food |
Ingredients:
Parsnips – 500g peeled and roughly chopped
White Onion – I used one large and roughly chopped
Cooking Apple – one, roughly chopped
Tikka Masala paste – I small pot
Sunflower oil – two tablespoons
Chicken Stock (or Vegetable) – in one litre of water
Red Lentils – 140grams
Method:
Put your chopped up onions into a large saucepan along with
the sunflower oil and masala pasta and cook for 3 minutes, or until the onions
have softened.
Next, put the onions along with the parsnips, apple and
stock into your slow cooker.
I left mine to cook on high for three hours.
Once cooked, blitz with either a hand blender or put into a
food processor to smooth. If too thick you can add more boiling water.
It should make six servings.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! Share your photos if
you make it too.
Comments
Post a Comment