This is us!


Hi. Hello!

I’m Gemma, I am 32 years old and  mum to six year old Gracie and five year old Elijah and as the blog title suggests, I am a single parent.

Here I am writing a blog, which I am hoping people read and enjoy!

Why now? To be honest, it is something I have toyed with for a while. I’m thought about it but never felt the time was right or that I had anything worthwhile to share with the world, until now. Being a single parent is hard and it is surprisingly lonely, when I looked online for like-minded people, I couldn’t really find any.

Parenting blogs are a fairly common sight nowadays, but blogs from women, or even men, who are doing this all alone aren’t that easy to come by. So here I am.

While that reason may sound totally selfless, there is also a selfish reason in the mix as well, as I want this to be something that I do for me. Raising two children (who despite their ages still love to play up at bed time, almost always end up in my bed and will wake up at the crack of dawn each morning) is a never ending job and along with an actual full-time job, two dogs and two guinea pigs it isn’t very often that I make time for me, to do something that I want to do.

So here I am. Giving it a go.

I hope you enjoy reading J

Comments